The Sagicor Innovation Challenge 2023 is a joint initiative created by the Innovation lab and the Innovation department at Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited. The Innovation Challenge aims to reach and engage students at the University of Technology (Utech), Jamaica to participate in problem solving and developing impactful solutions.
How to Enter
Can you come up with an idea that converts unstructured data into structured data, that can be used by the health and financial industry to receive and transmit customer data? If your answer for this ‘yes’, sign up by clicking the link below:
Registration Deadline April 28, 2023 @ 11:59 P.M.
The challenge was designed to transform UTech, Jamaica into a smart society. Sagicor has challenged the students at UTech, Jamaica to come up with ideas using UTech, Jamaica as a microcosm of the Jamaican society.
- Maximum of five (5) and minimum of two (2) persons per team
- Each team must have a Lead Innovator (team captain)
- An individual is limited to one submission/entry. That is, no individual can be a member of more than one group
- The team can be composed of persons from different faculties
- All innovators must not belong to the same faculty, at least one (1) person must belong to a different faculty.
Final Pitch Event – June 2023
The aim of the Sagicor Innovation Challenge is to identify and solve the data capture and processing problem that affects Sagicor and other financial organizations. In addressing this problem, teams will have to implement solutions that are innovative and scalable
Create an innovative data capture and processing capability that is:
2. Addresses the use case provided.
3. Addresses two (2) other use cases identified by the team.
Turn unstructured data into structured data that Sagicor can use to inform business decisions with full implementation of the solution within a 4-month period.
A business proposal that supports the profitability of the company in the sale of the data capture and processing capability to Sagicor and other financial institutions.
@sagicorja | @utechilab |